Friday, March 6, 2009

An Invitation to Use the Blog...

Hello ladies...

Thank you for inviting me into your meal exchange group last month. I loved it so much, I wanted to blog about it! I found some other bloggers doing this, and was impressed by how efficient the communication was and the cataloging of all the fun swapping dinners.

It's up to you if you would like to use this blog...I am offering to administrate and handle the details. All you would need to do is email. Here are the top three ways to use this blog:

1. Monthly Meal Lists - Each month will have it's own post saying who is making what. In the past you used a group email passed around. We can still do that, and I'll take the info from the email. The blog, however, will be a great place to "store" the list each month and you can refer back to it.

2. Recipes and Instructions - By clicking on the "Email a Recipe" link on the sidebar, you can easily send in the full recipe for the meal and the instructions for preparation. The beauty of using the blog is in the "Label" system. We'll be able to archive all of our past recipes and refer to them easily...by month and by chef!

3. Sharing New Ideas - We can post links to helpful hints, recipes, cool articles, nutrition facts...possibilities are endless. We can also communicate to each other about our recipes and if we made any changes or additions.

In sharing this group with a friend, she wanted to start a group serving 4 adults. I want to try to have two groups using this blog. My hope is that we will be able to communicate and be a resource for each other. I will only use first names, so if you would prefer not to be identified when you send in a recipe, let me know. If you have a blogger id, you are welcome to use that and follow this blog.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions are always welcome. Just send me an email, using the link on the right side.

I look forward to making this a great site!!!

Sincerely,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment