Friday, March 6, 2009

Reusable Containers

What about Reusable Containers....
Breanna wrote in:

okay, also, what about the intial expense of the food containers...is part of the guidelines to use the ones you receive to package the next month's foods? do you know what i mean? i don't want to be buying those containers every month. plus, it's more earth friendly to reuse!
My first month's experience was that of mostly gallon-size ziplock bags. Personally I really liked this option. One, because they stacked SO well in my freezer and weren't too bulky. Two, no fuss with clean-up. I could have washed and re-used, but with the ziplocks, I prefer recycling.

I also got a couple reusable aluminum 9x13 pans. These...I can see washing and reusing a couple times. I would save mine throughout the months as I got them, and if I chose a meal needing them, I would use them. Otherwise, you can get 2 for a $1 at the dollar store.

My thought is keep it cheap and simple...Any thoughts from those of you doing this for a while?

No comments:

Post a Comment